Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Busy, Busy, Busy

The past couple of weeks have been incredibly busy.
After finally making the decision to really go ahead with the store, I contacted the Wyoming Business Council, ran the idea by them and met with one of their people to share the business plan I had put together.
After that I communicated with yet another WBC rep based out of Laramie, and then worked with an intern from that organization who is helping me to put a website together.
A real website!  Moving on up to the big leagues!
They have been a terrific resource as I moved forward with this plan, and I was gratified to not only receive constructive feedback from them but to also hear that my idea had merit.
Beyond building a business plan there was also the need to put nuts and bolts together - policies, procedures, business practices, the forms needed for day to day operations, fliers, a marketing plan (with little money in the budget for this, I planned on doing as much "guerrilla marketing" as possible), and daily, weekly and monthly spreadsheets.
I met with an accountant who gave me helpful information, and that is when I learned that starting a small business with no employees (except for my husband who I'm hoping I can keep conning into volunteering for me) is a simple and relatively painless process in Wyoming.  Good deal!
And then of course back to the store. 
Both LC and I have been working in mess and dust and paint and stain for the past couple of weeks and every day both of us have driven home filthy but feeling good about how things are going..
It's coming together, and when I look back on pictures as we progress, I realize just how MUCH things are coming together.
A few pictures from early last week..................
 

 

 

 One final picture of my sweet dog Jamie.
Through the past couple of weeks she has sat on the front porch outside the front of the store,
 patiently watching her people and offering puppy support.
She has traveled from Tennessee to Alaska to Wyoming to Tennessee to Wyoming with us.  The greatest dog two gypsies could ever hope for!