Saturday, February 16, 2013

Attachments To Gear

We put this awesome picture up on the wall behind the counter at the store a couple of days ago.
I bought it (frame, mat and picture) for 50 cents at a yard sale in Tennessee at least 10 years ago and at the time thought that it was a print (maybe even an over sized photo copy).
I worked for a Parks and Recreation Department at that time and was supervising a community center one day when an artist came into the building.
The guy was working on a mural and while we were talking he commented on my picture.
I told him what I knew about it (which wasn't much), he walked over to it, looked at it closely and told me that it was an original pencil drawing.
It's huge and awesome and slightly anatomically incorrect.  I love it.


We've had a lot of really great consignment gear come into the store over the past week, including a set 
of Red Ball waders and three sets of Hodgman chest waders (including one neoprene set).  It doesn't feel like it right now but fishing season is just around the corner!

We have a very large size pair of desert combat boots for sale.

This MSR back country stove is an AWESOME piece of gear that was brought in by a Northwest College student.  A link to more info on this thing:  http://cascadedesigns.com/msr/stoves/rapid-cooking/pocketrocket/product

We've had these camo insulated bib overalls for a long time and finally got around to getting the broken buckles replaced on them.  They're good-to-go now, in great shape and out on the floor waiting for a new owner.
I snapped this picture about a year ago while mountain biking on a combination of gravel roads and technical single track in middle Tennessee.  Gary Fisher bike, Shimano spd's and VERY worn out Cannondale mtn bike shoes.  Did I ever tell you that I get very attached to my gear and hate to part with anything.  I had two other pairs of Cannondales at the house - one girly blue pair (that I never wore because they were girly blue) and another brand new black pair exactly like these (only they were totally black, and had no holes in them, and had no broken laces tied in knots).  When these shoes were finally more hole than shoe I had to toss 'em.  But I loved those shoes.

Stop by OAR soon and check out the great gear that we have.  The "Island of Misfit Gear" is increasing every day!