Sunday, November 4, 2012

The 15th Is Coming Fast

On a long work day on Saturday our sweet dog Jamie watched over her people, while unceremoniously being tied to a trailer in back of the shop.
A picture of her lapping up the last of Wendys Chili at lunch time.

Me deep in thought and trying to figure out what to do next.
There's still so much to do and the opening on the 15th is coming up fast!
On Saturday I was a clear-coating fool.
I even clear coated the rock that my neighbor gave to me this summer that she said looked like a potato. 
One of these things will be for sale in the store. 
The rest will be used for decoration on walls and counter.
On Saturday LC built yet one more wall-mounted clothes rack against the wall beside our new door, and also built one more back pack rack.
I did the "monkey jobs".
Quite a few years ago I worked for a city government and I had a female friend who was the Maintenance Director for the city.  When my outdoor pool closed at the end of the summer one year, I only had one pool still open and (since I had down time) asked her if there were any projects that I could help her with.
Partly I asked because she was such a great help to me all summer and I wanted to repay the favor, and partly I asked because I was looking for excuses to work outside in beautiful fall weather.
When I offered to help her she looked at me and said "You don't know how to do anything".
(Gee.....thanks Margie).
I told her to give me jobs that didn't require any technical expertise.  I told her "Give me jobs a monkey could do".
I spent a few weeks painting and pressure washing and tool fetching, and ever since then LC and I have joked about monkey jobs.
At the store he has done the technical jobs and I have done the jobs "a monkey could do"

More and more clothing coming down to the store each day.
We have Patagonia, Columbia, Marmot, Mountain Hard Wear, LL Bean, Cabelas and many other brands.
Still more to bring down, and lots of organizing to do!

We are lucky enough to live only a quarter of a mile from an entrance to BLM land.
There are so many places to hike here in Cody, but this area is one of my favorites because it is a beautiful area and located so close to home.
This picture was taken on a very windy and cold day in late April last year.
I hiked up into the hills with my husband and dog, and we had a great time exploring one hill after another for hours..........